Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Saturday, June 29, 2013 at 4:00:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 56%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Sunday, June 23, 2013 at 11:34 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Sunday, June 30, 2013 at 4:55 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, June 29, 2013 at 16:00:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 448.15 meters/second, 1613.3 km/hour, 1002.5 miles/hour or 871.1 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.5"||16.71 mi||West||0° 00' 11.0"||0.21 mi||North||16.71 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 31.3"||1002.41 mi||West||0° 11' 05.6"||12.70 mi||North||1002.38 mi|
|24 hours||11° 17' 53.6"||779.71 mi||East||4° 15' 23.1"||292.48 mi||North||830.25 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Kiritimati||Sun 6:00 AM||232 km||144 miles||125 nm||SSE|
|Honolulu||Sat 6:00 AM||1927 km||1197 miles||1040 nm||N|
|Fakaofo||Sun 5:00 AM||2083 km||1294 miles||1125 nm||SW|
|Baker Island||Sat 4:00 AM||2110 km||1311 miles||1139 nm||W|
|Apia||Sun 5:00 AM||2490 km||1547 miles||1345 nm||SW|
|Papeete||Sat 6:00 AM||2540 km||1578 miles||1371 nm||SSE|
|Rarotonga||Sat 6:00 AM||2787 km||1732 miles||1505 nm||S|
|Alofi||Sat 5:00 AM||2861 km||1778 miles||1545 nm||SSW|
|Funafuti||Sun 4:00 AM||2892 km||1797 miles||1562 nm||WSW|
|Tarawa||Sun 4:00 AM||3251 km||2020 miles||1755 nm||W|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.