Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Saturday, June 29, 2013 at 4:10:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 56%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Sunday, June 23, 2013 at 11:34 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Sunday, June 30, 2013 at 4:55 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, June 29, 2013 at 16:10:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 448.14 meters/second, 1613.3 km/hour, 1002.5 miles/hour or 871.1 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.5"||16.71 mi||West||0° 00' 11.0"||0.21 mi||North||16.71 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 31.4"||1002.38 mi||West||0° 11' 05.3"||12.70 mi||North||1002.35 mi|
|24 hours||11° 17' 49.4"||779.60 mi||East||4° 15' 13.2"||292.29 mi||North||830.06 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Kiritimati||Sun 6:10 AM||400 km||249 miles||216 nm||SE|
|Baker Island||Sat 4:10 AM||1847 km||1148 miles||997 nm||WSW|
|Fakaofo||Sun 5:10 AM||1907 km||1185 miles||1029 nm||SW|
|Honolulu||Sat 6:10 AM||1941 km||1206 miles||1048 nm||N|
|Apia||Sun 5:10 AM||2338 km||1453 miles||1262 nm||SSW|
|Papeete||Sat 6:10 AM||2650 km||1647 miles||1431 nm||SSE|
|Funafuti||Sun 4:10 AM||2659 km||1652 miles||1436 nm||WSW|
|Alofi||Sat 5:10 AM||2752 km||1710 miles||1486 nm||SSW|
|Rarotonga||Sat 6:10 AM||2784 km||1730 miles||1503 nm||S|
|Tarawa||Sun 4:10 AM||2983 km||1853 miles||1611 nm||W|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.