Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Saturday, June 29, 2013 at 16:10:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 56%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Sunday, June 23, 2013 at 11:34 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Sunday, June 30, 2013 at 4:55 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, June 29, 2013 at 16:10:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 448.14 meters/second, 1613.3 km/hour, 1002.5 miles/hour or 871.1 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.5"||16.71 mi||west||0° 00' 11.0"||0.21 mi||north||16.71 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 31.4"||1002.38 mi||west||0° 11' 05.3"||12.70 mi||north||1002.35 mi|
|24 hours||11° 17' 49.4"||779.60 mi||east||4° 15' 13.2"||292.29 mi||north||830.06 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Kiritimati||Sun 6:10 AM||400 km||249 miles||216 nm||SE|
|Baker Island||Sat 4:10 AM||1847 km||1148 miles||997 nm||WSW|
|Fakaofo||Sun 5:10 AM||1907 km||1185 miles||1029 nm||SW|
|Honolulu||Sat 6:10 AM||1941 km||1206 miles||1048 nm||N|
|Apia||Sun 5:10 AM||2338 km||1453 miles||1262 nm||SSW|
|Papeete||Sat 6:10 AM||2650 km||1647 miles||1431 nm||SSE|
|Funafuti||Sun 4:10 AM||2659 km||1652 miles||1436 nm||WSW|
|Alofi||Sat 5:10 AM||2752 km||1710 miles||1486 nm||SSW|
|Rarotonga||Sat 6:10 AM||2784 km||1730 miles||1503 nm||S|
|Tarawa||Sun 4:10 AM||2983 km||1853 miles||1611 nm||W|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.