Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Saturday, June 29, 2013 at 4:54:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 55%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Sunday, June 23, 2013 at 11:34 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Sunday, June 30, 2013 at 4:55 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, June 29, 2013 at 16:54:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 448.07 meters/second, 1613.1 km/hour, 1002.3 miles/hour or 871.0 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.5"||16.70 mi||West||0° 00' 11.0"||0.21 mi||North||16.71 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 32.7"||1002.23 mi||West||0° 11' 03.8"||12.67 mi||North||1002.20 mi|
|24 hours||11° 17' 31.2"||779.12 mi||East||4° 14' 28.7"||291.45 mi||North||829.27 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Howland Island||Sat 4:54 AM||726 km||451 miles||392 nm||WSW|
|Baker Island||Sat 4:54 AM||750 km||466 miles||405 nm||SW|
|Kanton Island||Sun 5:54 AM||764 km||475 miles||413 nm||S|
|Rawaki||Sun 5:54 AM||861 km||535 miles||465 nm||S|
|Fakaofo||Sun 5:54 AM||1485 km||923 miles||802 nm||S|
|Kiritimati||Sun 6:54 AM||1532 km||952 miles||827 nm||E|
|Funafuti||Sun 4:54 AM||1770 km||1100 miles||956 nm||SW|
|Tarawa||Sun 4:54 AM||1809 km||1124 miles||977 nm||W|
|Apia||Sun 5:54 AM||1981 km||1231 miles||1070 nm||S|
|Majuro||Sun 4:54 AM||1987 km||1234 miles||1073 nm||W|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.