Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Saturday, June 29, 2013 at 10:00:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 53%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Sunday, June 23, 2013 at 11:34 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Sunday, June 30, 2013 at 4:55 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, June 29, 2013 at 22:00:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 447.56 meters/second, 1611.2 km/hour, 1001.2 miles/hour or 870.0 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.6"||16.68 mi||West||0° 00' 10.8"||0.21 mi||North||16.69 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 39.8"||1001.08 mi||West||0° 10' 52.7"||12.46 mi||North||1001.02 mi|
|24 hours||11° 15' 40.6"||776.00 mi||East||4° 09' 04.9"||285.28 mi||North||823.84 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Bandar Seri Begawan||Sun 6:00 AM||12 km||8 miles||7 nm||SSW|
|Pekan Tutong||Sun 6:00 AM||41 km||26 miles||22 nm||WSW|
|Kuala Belait||Sun 6:00 AM||94 km||58 miles||51 nm||WSW|
|Miri||Sun 6:00 AM||128 km||79 miles||69 nm||WSW|
|Kota Kinabalu||Sun 6:00 AM||164 km||102 miles||88 nm||NE|
|Kuching||Sun 6:00 AM||639 km||397 miles||345 nm||SW|
|Samarinda||Sun 6:00 AM||654 km||406 miles||353 nm||SSE|
|Puerto Princesa||Sun 6:00 AM||669 km||416 miles||361 nm||NE|
|Balikpapan||Sun 6:00 AM||721 km||448 miles||389 nm||SSE|
|Palangka Raya||Sun 5:00 AM||805 km||500 miles||435 nm||S|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.