Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Saturday, June 29, 2013 at 11:54:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 52%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Sunday, June 23, 2013 at 11:34 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Sunday, June 30, 2013 at 4:55 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, June 29, 2013 at 23:54:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 447.34 meters/second, 1610.4 km/hour, 1000.7 miles/hour or 869.6 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.6"||16.68 mi||West||0° 00' 10.7"||0.21 mi||North||16.68 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 42.3"||1000.58 mi||West||0° 10' 48.2"||12.37 mi||North||1000.51 mi|
|24 hours||11° 15' 06.2"||774.92 mi||East||4° 06' 58.2"||282.86 mi||North||821.87 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Kalmunai||Sun 5:24 AM||655 km||407 miles||354 nm||WNW|
|Kandy||Sun 5:24 AM||776 km||482 miles||419 nm||WNW|
|Sri Jayawardenapura Kotte||Sun 5:24 AM||842 km||523 miles||455 nm||WNW|
|Colombo||Sun 5:24 AM||850 km||528 miles||459 nm||WNW|
|Banda Aceh||Sun 6:54 AM||881 km||548 miles||476 nm||E|
|Madurai||Sun 5:24 AM||1140 km||708 miles||615 nm||WNW|
|Chennai||Sun 5:24 AM||1157 km||719 miles||625 nm||NW|
|Thiruvananthapuram||Sun 5:24 AM||1203 km||748 miles||650 nm||WNW|
|Medan||Sun 6:54 AM||1270 km||789 miles||685 nm||E|
|Bengaluru||Sun 5:24 AM||1368 km||850 miles||739 nm||NW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.