Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Sunday, June 30, 2013 at 04:00:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 50%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Sunday, June 23, 2013 at 11:34 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Sunday, June 30, 2013 at 4:55 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, June 30, 2013 at 04:00:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 446.81 meters/second, 1608.5 km/hour, 999.5 miles/hour or 868.5 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.7"||16.66 mi||west||0° 00' 10.6"||0.20 mi||north||16.66 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 46.8"||999.39 mi||west||0° 10' 38.2"||12.18 mi||north||999.30 mi|
|24 hours||11° 14' 04.1"||772.75 mi||east||4° 02' 13.8"||277.44 mi||north||817.72 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Obo||Sun 5:00 AM||163 km||101 miles||88 nm||WSW|
|Yambio||Sun 7:00 AM||179 km||111 miles||97 nm||SSE|
|Wau||Sun 7:00 AM||180 km||112 miles||97 nm||N|
|Juba||Sun 7:00 AM||442 km||274 miles||239 nm||ESE|
|Malakal||Sun 7:00 AM||572 km||356 miles||309 nm||NE|
|Gulu||Sun 7:00 AM||618 km||384 miles||334 nm||SE|
|Bria||Sun 5:00 AM||645 km||401 miles||348 nm||W|
|Kisangani||Sun 6:00 AM||679 km||422 miles||367 nm||SSW|
|Lira||Sun 7:00 AM||707 km||439 miles||382 nm||SE|
|Mbarara||Sun 7:00 AM||804 km||500 miles||434 nm||SSE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.