Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Sunday, June 30, 2013 at 04:04:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 50%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Sunday, June 23, 2013 at 11:34 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Sunday, June 30, 2013 at 4:55 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, June 30, 2013 at 04:04:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 446.80 meters/second, 1608.5 km/hour, 999.5 miles/hour or 868.5 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.7"||16.66 mi||west||0° 00' 10.6"||0.20 mi||north||16.66 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 46.9"||999.37 mi||west||0° 10' 38.0"||12.18 mi||north||999.28 mi|
|24 hours||11° 14' 03.1"||772.71 mi||east||4° 02' 09.1"||277.35 mi||north||817.65 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Obo||Sun 5:04 AM||85 km||53 miles||46 nm||SSW|
|Wau||Sun 7:04 AM||219 km||136 miles||118 nm||NE|
|Yambio||Sun 7:04 AM||241 km||150 miles||130 nm||SE|
|Bria||Sun 5:04 AM||538 km||334 miles||290 nm||W|
|Juba||Sun 7:04 AM||545 km||339 miles||294 nm||ESE|
|Kisangani||Sun 6:04 AM||642 km||399 miles||347 nm||SSW|
|Birao||Sun 5:04 AM||644 km||400 miles||348 nm||NW|
|Malakal||Sun 7:04 AM||655 km||407 miles||354 nm||NE|
|Bambari||Sun 5:04 AM||683 km||424 miles||369 nm||W|
|Gulu||Sun 7:04 AM||708 km||440 miles||382 nm||ESE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.