Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Sunday, June 30, 2013 at 4:00:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 45%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Sunday, June 30, 2013 at 4:55 AM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Monday, July 8, 2013 at 7:16 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, June 30, 2013 at 16:00:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 444.88 meters/second, 1601.6 km/hour, 995.2 miles/hour or 864.8 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.8"||16.59 mi||West||0° 00' 10.0"||0.19 mi||North||16.59 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 55.9"||995.06 mi||West||0° 10' 05.0"||11.55 mi||North||994.91 mi|
|24 hours||11° 12' 30.3"||767.49 mi||East||3° 46' 58.9"||260.00 mi||North||806.37 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Kiritimati||Mon 6:00 AM||1381 km||858 miles||745 nm||WSW|
|Honolulu||Sun 6:00 AM||1894 km||1177 miles||1023 nm||NW|
|Papeete||Sun 6:00 AM||2860 km||1777 miles||1544 nm||S|
|Fakaofo||Mon 5:00 AM||3348 km||2081 miles||1808 nm||SW|
|Baker Island||Sun 4:00 AM||3432 km||2133 miles||1853 nm||WSW|
|Rarotonga||Sun 6:00 AM||3557 km||2210 miles||1920 nm||SSW|
|Apia||Mon 5:00 AM||3697 km||2297 miles||1996 nm||SW|
|Midway||Sun 5:00 AM||3922 km||2437 miles||2117 nm||NW|
|Alofi||Sun 5:00 AM||3952 km||2456 miles||2134 nm||SW|
|Los Angeles *||Sun 9:00 AM||4079 km||2535 miles||2203 nm||NE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.