Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Sunday, June 30, 2013 at 4:44:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 45%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Sunday, June 30, 2013 at 4:55 AM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Monday, July 8, 2013 at 7:16 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, June 30, 2013 at 16:44:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 444.75 meters/second, 1601.1 km/hour, 994.9 miles/hour or 864.5 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.8"||16.58 mi||West||0° 00' 10.0"||0.19 mi||North||16.58 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 56.4"||994.76 mi||West||0° 10' 02.8"||11.51 mi||North||994.61 mi|
|24 hours||11° 12' 28.7"||767.22 mi||East||3° 45' 59.1"||258.87 mi||North||805.71 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Kiritimati||Mon 6:44 AM||709 km||441 miles||383 nm||S|
|Honolulu||Sun 6:44 AM||1444 km||897 miles||780 nm||N|
|Baker Island||Sun 4:44 AM||2315 km||1438 miles||1250 nm||WSW|
|Fakaofo||Mon 5:44 AM||2491 km||1548 miles||1345 nm||SW|
|Apia||Mon 5:44 AM||2926 km||1818 miles||1580 nm||SSW|
|Papeete||Sun 6:44 AM||2977 km||1850 miles||1607 nm||SSE|
|Midway||Sun 5:44 AM||3057 km||1899 miles||1650 nm||NW|
|Funafuti||Mon 4:44 AM||3207 km||1993 miles||1732 nm||SW|
|Rarotonga||Sun 6:44 AM||3276 km||2036 miles||1769 nm||S|
|Alofi||Sun 5:44 AM||3328 km||2068 miles||1797 nm||SSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.