Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Sunday, June 30, 2013 at 5:54:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 45%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Sunday, June 30, 2013 at 4:55 AM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Monday, July 8, 2013 at 7:16 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, June 30, 2013 at 17:54:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 444.53 meters/second, 1600.3 km/hour, 994.4 miles/hour or 864.1 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.8"||16.57 mi||West||0° 00' 10.0"||0.19 mi||North||16.57 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 57.0"||994.27 mi||West||0° 09' 59.2"||11.44 mi||North||994.12 mi|
|24 hours||11° 12' 26.8"||766.80 mi||East||3° 44' 23.2"||257.04 mi||North||804.68 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Howland Island||Sun 5:54 AM||890 km||553 miles||480 nm||SSW|
|Baker Island||Sun 5:54 AM||950 km||590 miles||513 nm||SSW|
|Majuro||Mon 5:54 AM||1599 km||994 miles||864 nm||W|
|Tarawa||Mon 5:54 AM||1621 km||1007 miles||875 nm||WSW|
|Fakaofo||Mon 6:54 AM||2000 km||1243 miles||1080 nm||S|
|Kiritimati||Mon 7:54 AM||2005 km||1246 miles||1083 nm||ESE|
|Funafuti||Mon 5:54 AM||2017 km||1254 miles||1089 nm||SSW|
|Midway||Sun 6:54 AM||2211 km||1374 miles||1194 nm||N|
|Honolulu||Sun 7:54 AM||2256 km||1402 miles||1218 nm||NE|
|Yaren||Mon 5:54 AM||2321 km||1442 miles||1253 nm||WSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.