Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Monday, July 1, 2013 at 4:54:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 35%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Sunday, June 30, 2013 at 4:55 AM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Monday, July 8, 2013 at 7:16 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, July 1, 2013 at 16:54:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 439.54 meters/second, 1582.4 km/hour, 983.2 miles/hour or 854.4 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.0"||16.39 mi||West||0° 00' 08.7"||0.17 mi||North||16.39 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 58.0"||983.06 mi||West||0° 08' 39.9"||9.93 mi||North||982.84 mi|
|24 hours||11° 15' 00.0"||761.03 mi||East||3° 09' 26.5"||217.06 mi||North||786.70 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Honolulu||Mon 6:54 AM||1432 km||890 miles||773 nm||NW|
|Kiritimati||Tue 6:54 AM||1495 km||929 miles||807 nm||SW|
|Papeete||Mon 6:54 AM||3276 km||2036 miles||1769 nm||S|
|Baker Island||Mon 4:54 AM||3364 km||2090 miles||1816 nm||WSW|
|Fakaofo||Tue 5:54 AM||3461 km||2150 miles||1869 nm||SW|
|Midway||Mon 5:54 AM||3498 km||2173 miles||1889 nm||NW|
|San Francisco *||Mon 9:54 AM||3846 km||2390 miles||2077 nm||NE|
|Apia||Tue 5:54 AM||3851 km||2393 miles||2079 nm||SW|
|Rarotonga||Mon 6:54 AM||3886 km||2415 miles||2098 nm||SSW|
|Los Angeles *||Mon 9:54 AM||3909 km||2429 miles||2111 nm||NE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.