Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Monday, July 1, 2013 at 16:54:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 35%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Sunday, June 30, 2013 at 4:54 AM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Monday, July 8, 2013 at 7:15 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, July 1, 2013 at 16:54:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 439.54 meters/second, 1582.3 km/hour, 983.2 miles/hour or 854.4 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.0"||16.39 mi||west||0° 00' 08.7"||0.17 mi||north||16.39 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 58.0"||983.12 mi||west||0° 08' 39.9"||9.93 mi||north||982.90 mi|
|24 hours||11° 15' 00.2"||761.08 mi||east||3° 09' 24.7"||217.04 mi||north||786.74 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Honolulu||Mon 6:54 AM||1412 km||878 miles||763 nm||NW|
|Kiritimati||Tue 6:54 AM||1476 km||917 miles||797 nm||SW|
|Papeete||Mon 6:54 AM||3276 km||2035 miles||1769 nm||S|
|Baker Island||Mon 4:54 AM||3337 km||2073 miles||1802 nm||WSW|
|Fakaofo||Tue 5:54 AM||3439 km||2137 miles||1857 nm||SW|
|Midway||Mon 5:54 AM||3474 km||2158 miles||1876 nm||NW|
|Apia||Tue 5:54 AM||3832 km||2381 miles||2069 nm||SW|
|San Francisco *||Mon 9:54 AM||3864 km||2401 miles||2087 nm||NE|
|Rarotonga||Mon 6:54 AM||3877 km||2409 miles||2094 nm||SSW|
|Los Angeles *||Mon 9:54 AM||3930 km||2442 miles||2122 nm||NE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.