Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Monday, July 1, 2013 at 5:44:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 35%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Sunday, June 30, 2013 at 4:55 AM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Monday, July 8, 2013 at 7:16 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, July 1, 2013 at 17:44:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 439.34 meters/second, 1581.6 km/hour, 982.8 miles/hour or 854.0 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.0"||16.38 mi||West||0° 00' 08.5"||0.17 mi||North||16.38 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 57.8"||982.61 mi||West||0° 08' 36.7"||9.87 mi||North||982.39 mi|
|24 hours||11° 15' 11.2"||760.90 mi||East||3° 08' 03.5"||215.48 mi||North||786.13 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Honolulu||Mon 7:44 AM||1050 km||652 miles||567 nm||NNE|
|Kiritimati||Tue 7:44 AM||1195 km||743 miles||646 nm||SSE|
|Baker Island||Mon 5:44 AM||2203 km||1369 miles||1190 nm||SW|
|Midway||Mon 6:44 AM||2491 km||1548 miles||1345 nm||NW|
|Fakaofo||Tue 6:44 AM||2659 km||1652 miles||1436 nm||SSW|
|Majuro||Tue 5:44 AM||3130 km||1945 miles||1690 nm||W|
|Apia||Tue 6:44 AM||3133 km||1947 miles||1692 nm||SSW|
|Tarawa||Tue 5:44 AM||3152 km||1959 miles||1702 nm||WSW|
|Funafuti||Tue 5:44 AM||3204 km||1991 miles||1730 nm||SW|
|Papeete||Mon 7:44 AM||3502 km||2176 miles||1891 nm||SSE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.