Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Tuesday, July 2, 2013 at 11:48:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 28%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Sunday, June 30, 2013 at 4:55 AM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Monday, July 8, 2013 at 7:16 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, July 2, 2013 at 11:48:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 434.88 meters/second, 1565.6 km/hour, 972.8 miles/hour or 845.3 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.7"||16.21 mi||West||0° 00' 07.4"||0.14 mi||North||16.21 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 48.3"||972.60 mi||West||0° 07' 22.8"||8.46 mi||North||972.36 mi|
|24 hours||11° 20' 17.4"||758.99 mi||East||2° 36' 17.4"||179.11 mi||North||775.21 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Roseau||Tue 7:48 AM||198 km||123 miles||107 nm||ENE|
|Basse-Terre (Guadeloupe)||Tue 7:48 AM||212 km||132 miles||114 nm||NE|
|Fort-de-France||Tue 7:48 AM||218 km||135 miles||117 nm||E|
|Castries||Tue 7:48 AM||236 km||147 miles||128 nm||ESE|
|Pointe-à-Pitre||Tue 7:48 AM||246 km||153 miles||133 nm||NE|
|Vieux Fort||Tue 7:48 AM||251 km||156 miles||135 nm||ESE|
|Kingstown||Tue 7:48 AM||258 km||160 miles||139 nm||SE|
|Brades||Tue 7:48 AM||259 km||161 miles||140 nm||NNE|
|Basseterre (St. Kitts)||Tue 7:48 AM||300 km||186 miles||162 nm||N|
|Saint John's (Antigua)||Tue 7:48 AM||308 km||191 miles||166 nm||NNE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.