Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Wednesday, July 3, 2013 at 11:48:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 20%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Sunday, June 30, 2013 at 4:55 AM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Monday, July 8, 2013 at 7:16 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Wednesday, July 3, 2013 at 11:48:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 429.15 meters/second, 1544.9 kilometres/hour, 960.0 miles/hour or 834.2 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.5"||16.00 mi||West||0° 00' 05.5"||0.11 mi||North||16.00 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 28.7"||959.73 mi||West||0° 05' 31.7"||6.34 mi||North||959.51 mi|
|24 hours||11° 28' 20.1"||758.10 mi||East||1° 49' 22.7"||125.38 mi||North||764.59 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Bridgetown||Wed 7:48 AM||960 km||596 miles||518 nm||WSW|
|Fort-de-France||Wed 7:48 AM||1039 km||645 miles||561 nm||WSW|
|Roseau||Wed 7:48 AM||1051 km||653 miles||568 nm||W|
|Castries||Wed 7:48 AM||1052 km||654 miles||568 nm||WSW|
|Basse-Terre (Guadeloupe)||Wed 7:48 AM||1073 km||667 miles||579 nm||W|
|Saint John's (Antigua)||Wed 7:48 AM||1074 km||667 miles||580 nm||W|
|Kingstown||Wed 7:48 AM||1112 km||691 miles||601 nm||WSW|
|Basseterre (St. Kitts)||Wed 7:48 AM||1166 km||725 miles||630 nm||W|
|Saint George's||Wed 7:48 AM||1219 km||757 miles||658 nm||WSW|
|Port of Spain||Wed 7:48 AM||1280 km||795 miles||691 nm||WSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.