Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Wednesday, July 3, 2013 at 23:48:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 16%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Sunday, June 30, 2013 at 4:54 AM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Monday, July 8, 2013 at 7:15 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Wednesday, July 3, 2013 at 23:48:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 426.65 meters/second, 1536.0 km/hour, 954.4 miles/hour or 829.4 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.3"||15.91 mi||west||0° 00' 04.6"||0.09 mi||north||15.91 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 18.5"||954.19 mi||west||0° 04' 31.2"||5.18 mi||north||954.00 mi|
|24 hours||11° 31' 55.8"||757.83 mi||east||1° 24' 15.2"||96.59 mi||north||760.85 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Melekeok||Thu 8:48 AM||1191 km||740 miles||643 nm||S|
|Hagåtña||Thu 9:48 AM||1295 km||805 miles||699 nm||ESE|
|Quezon||Thu 7:48 AM||1404 km||873 miles||758 nm||WSW|
|Manila||Thu 7:48 AM||1413 km||878 miles||763 nm||WSW|
|Taipei||Thu 7:48 AM||1469 km||913 miles||793 nm||WNW|
|Davao||Thu 7:48 AM||1514 km||941 miles||817 nm||SW|
|General Santos||Thu 7:48 AM||1629 km||1012 miles||880 nm||SW|
|Kumamoto||Thu 8:48 AM||1642 km||1020 miles||887 nm||N|
|Fukuoka||Thu 8:48 AM||1741 km||1082 miles||940 nm||N|
|Kitakyushu||Thu 8:48 AM||1756 km||1091 miles||948 nm||N|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.