Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, July 5, 2013 at 12:28:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 10%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Sunday, June 30, 2013 at 4:55 AM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Monday, July 8, 2013 at 7:16 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, July 5, 2013 at 00:28:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 422.90 meters/second, 1522.4 km/hour, 946.0 miles/hour or 822.0 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.9"||15.77 mi||West||0° 00' 02.3"||0.05 mi||North||15.77 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 02.2"||945.70 mi||West||0° 02' 19.8"||2.67 mi||North||945.59 mi|
|24 hours||11° 36' 25.3"||756.20 mi||East||0° 30' 28.7"||34.94 mi||North||755.80 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Hagåtña||Fri 10:28 AM||1173 km||729 miles||633 nm||SE|
|Melekeok||Fri 9:28 AM||1352 km||840 miles||730 nm||S|
|Kagoshima||Fri 9:28 AM||1423 km||884 miles||768 nm||NNW|
|Kumamoto||Fri 9:28 AM||1542 km||958 miles||833 nm||NNW|
|Taipei||Fri 8:28 AM||1589 km||987 miles||858 nm||WNW|
|Fukuoka||Fri 9:28 AM||1634 km||1016 miles||882 nm||NNW|
|Kitakyushu||Fri 9:28 AM||1650 km||1025 miles||891 nm||NNW|
|Quezon||Fri 8:28 AM||1663 km||1033 miles||898 nm||WSW|
|Osaka||Fri 9:28 AM||1665 km||1035 miles||899 nm||N|
|Kobe||Fri 9:28 AM||1667 km||1036 miles||900 nm||N|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.