Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Tuesday, July 9, 2013 at 9:50:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 3%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Monday, July 8, 2013 at 7:16 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, July 16, 2013 at 3:20 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, July 9, 2013 at 21:50:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 436.35 meters/second, 1570.9 km/hour, 976.1 miles/hour or 848.2 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.5"||16.27 mi||West||0° 00' 07.5"||0.14 mi||South||16.27 mi|
|1 hour||14° 32' 35.6"||975.90 mi||West||0° 07' 34.4"||8.68 mi||South||976.21 mi|
|24 hours||10° 52' 05.3"||729.34 mi||East||3° 18' 00.2"||226.84 mi||South||768.41 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Tijuana *||Tue 2:50 PM||2374 km||1475 miles||1282 nm||NNE|
|San Diego *||Tue 2:50 PM||2385 km||1482 miles||1288 nm||NNE|
|Los Angeles *||Tue 2:50 PM||2461 km||1529 miles||1329 nm||NNE|
|Mexicali *||Tue 2:50 PM||2469 km||1534 miles||1333 nm||NNE|
|Hermosillo||Tue 2:50 PM||2486 km||1545 miles||1343 nm||NE|
|Mazatlan *||Tue 3:50 PM||2573 km||1599 miles||1389 nm||ENE|
|San Francisco *||Tue 2:50 PM||2705 km||1681 miles||1461 nm||NNE|
|Phoenix||Tue 2:50 PM||2739 km||1702 miles||1479 nm||NE|
|Las Vegas *||Tue 2:50 PM||2803 km||1742 miles||1514 nm||NNE|
|Honolulu||Tue 11:50 AM||3173 km||1971 miles||1713 nm||WNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.