Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Monday, July 15, 2013 at 03:18:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 40%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Monday, July 8, 2013 at 7:15 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, July 16, 2013 at 3:19 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, July 15, 2013 at 03:18:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 446.01 meters/second, 1605.6 km/hour, 997.7 miles/hour or 867.0 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.3"||16.63 mi||west||0° 00' 10.5"||0.20 mi||south||16.63 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 20.2"||997.61 mi||west||0° 10' 36.0"||12.14 mi||south||997.50 mi|
|24 hours||11° 45' 11.0"||807.39 mi||east||4° 06' 11.7"||282.01 mi||south||851.35 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Kiritimati||Mon 5:18 PM||1011 km||628 miles||546 nm||NNW|
|Papeete||Sun 5:18 PM||1299 km||807 miles||701 nm||SSE|
|Rarotonga||Sun 5:18 PM||1706 km||1060 miles||921 nm||SSW|
|Fakaofo||Mon 4:18 PM||1886 km||1172 miles||1018 nm||W|
|Apia||Mon 4:18 PM||2064 km||1282 miles||1114 nm||WSW|
|Alofi||Sun 4:18 PM||2168 km||1347 miles||1171 nm||SW|
|Baker Island||Sun 3:18 PM||2578 km||1602 miles||1392 nm||WNW|
|Nukualofa||Mon 4:18 PM||2754 km||1711 miles||1487 nm||SW|
|Funafuti||Mon 3:18 PM||2926 km||1818 miles||1580 nm||W|
|Honolulu||Sun 5:18 PM||3129 km||1944 miles||1690 nm||N|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.