Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Monday, July 15, 2013 at 3:18:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 45%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Monday, July 8, 2013 at 7:16 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, July 16, 2013 at 3:20 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, July 15, 2013 at 15:18:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 443.43 meters/second, 1596.3 km/hour, 991.9 miles/hour or 862.0 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.6"||16.53 mi||West||0° 00' 10.2"||0.20 mi||South||16.53 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 36.1"||991.75 mi||West||0° 10' 16.0"||11.76 mi||South||991.58 mi|
|24 hours||12° 05' 15.6"||826.19 mi||East||3° 54' 47.9"||268.97 mi||South||864.09 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Kasama||Mon 5:18 PM||165 km||102 miles||89 nm||SSW|
|Mbeya||Mon 6:18 PM||188 km||117 miles||101 nm||E|
|Karonga||Mon 5:18 PM||268 km||167 miles||145 nm||ESE|
|Mzuzu||Mon 5:18 PM||381 km||237 miles||206 nm||SE|
|Dodoma||Mon 6:18 PM||531 km||330 miles||287 nm||NE|
|Chipata||Mon 5:18 PM||540 km||335 miles||291 nm||S|
|Lubumbashi||Mon 5:18 PM||561 km||349 miles||303 nm||SW|
|Ndola||Mon 5:18 PM||570 km||354 miles||308 nm||SW|
|Rutana||Mon 5:18 PM||578 km||359 miles||312 nm||NNW|
|Kitwe||Mon 5:18 PM||584 km||363 miles||315 nm||SW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.