Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Tuesday, July 16, 2013 at 3:08:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 50%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Monday, July 8, 2013 at 7:16 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, July 16, 2013 at 3:20 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, July 16, 2013 at 03:08:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 440.37 meters/second, 1585.3 km/hour, 985.1 miles/hour or 856.0 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 29.7"||16.42 mi||West||0° 00' 09.7"||0.19 mi||South||16.42 mi|
|1 hour||14° 29' 46.3"||984.87 mi||West||0° 09' 47.7"||11.22 mi||South||984.66 mi|
|24 hours||12° 27' 17.7"||846.21 mi||East||3° 39' 49.6"||251.85 mi||South||877.37 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Taiohae||Mon 5:38 PM||207 km||129 miles||112 nm||NNE|
|Papeete||Mon 5:08 PM||1281 km||796 miles||691 nm||SW|
|Adamstown||Mon 7:08 PM||1884 km||1170 miles||1017 nm||SSE|
|Kiritimati||Tue 5:08 PM||2389 km||1484 miles||1290 nm||NW|
|Rarotonga||Mon 5:08 PM||2416 km||1501 miles||1305 nm||WSW|
|Alofi||Mon 4:08 PM||3351 km||2082 miles||1810 nm||WSW|
|Fakaofo||Tue 4:08 PM||3435 km||2135 miles||1855 nm||W|
|Apia||Tue 4:08 PM||3482 km||2163 miles||1880 nm||W|
|Easter Island||Mon 9:08 PM||3670 km||2280 miles||1981 nm||SE|
|Nukualofa||Tue 4:08 PM||3938 km||2447 miles||2126 nm||WSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.