Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Tuesday, July 16, 2013 at 03:18:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 50%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Monday, July 8, 2013 at 7:15 AM|
|This phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, July 16, 2013 at 3:19 AM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Monday, July 22, 2013 at 6:16 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, July 16, 2013 at 03:18:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 440.31 meters/second, 1585.1 km/hour, 985.0 miles/hour or 855.9 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 29.7"||16.42 mi||west||0° 00' 09.7"||0.19 mi||south||16.42 mi|
|1 hour||14° 29' 45.5"||984.82 mi||west||0° 09' 47.1"||11.21 mi||south||984.62 mi|
|24 hours||12° 27' 39.2"||846.59 mi||east||3° 39' 33.6"||251.57 mi||south||877.65 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Taiohae||Mon 5:48 PM||394 km||245 miles||213 nm||ENE|
|Papeete||Mon 5:18 PM||1056 km||656 miles||570 nm||SW|
|Adamstown||Mon 7:18 PM||2050 km||1274 miles||1107 nm||SE|
|Kiritimati||Tue 5:18 PM||2158 km||1341 miles||1165 nm||NW|
|Rarotonga||Mon 5:18 PM||2167 km||1346 miles||1170 nm||SW|
|Alofi||Mon 4:18 PM||3074 km||1910 miles||1660 nm||WSW|
|Fakaofo||Tue 4:18 PM||3145 km||1954 miles||1698 nm||W|
|Apia||Tue 4:18 PM||3191 km||1983 miles||1723 nm||W|
|Nukualofa||Tue 4:18 PM||3664 km||2277 miles||1978 nm||WSW|
|Easter Island||Mon 9:18 PM||3915 km||2432 miles||2114 nm||ESE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.