Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Tuesday, July 16, 2013 at 3:28:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 50%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, July 16, 2013 at 3:20 AM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Monday, July 22, 2013 at 6:17 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, July 16, 2013 at 03:28:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 440.27 meters/second, 1585.0 km/hour, 984.9 miles/hour or 855.8 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 29.7"||16.41 mi||West||0° 00' 09.7"||0.19 mi||South||16.41 mi|
|1 hour||14° 29' 44.8"||984.66 mi||West||0° 09' 46.6"||11.20 mi||South||984.46 mi|
|24 hours||12° 27' 56.6"||846.79 mi||East||3° 39' 20.9"||251.30 mi||South||877.76 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Taiohae||Mon 5:58 PM||609 km||378 miles||329 nm||ENE|
|Papeete||Mon 5:28 PM||902 km||561 miles||487 nm||SW|
|Rarotonga||Mon 5:28 PM||1974 km||1227 miles||1066 nm||SW|
|Kiritimati||Tue 5:28 PM||1985 km||1234 miles||1072 nm||NW|
|Adamstown||Mon 7:28 PM||2200 km||1367 miles||1188 nm||SE|
|Alofi||Mon 4:28 PM||2854 km||1773 miles||1541 nm||WSW|
|Fakaofo||Tue 4:28 PM||2907 km||1806 miles||1570 nm||W|
|Apia||Tue 4:28 PM||2959 km||1839 miles||1598 nm||W|
|Nukualofa||Tue 4:28 PM||3446 km||2141 miles||1861 nm||WSW|
|Baker Island||Mon 3:28 PM||3722 km||2313 miles||2010 nm||WNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.