Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Tuesday, July 16, 2013 at 4:18:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 51%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, July 16, 2013 at 3:20 AM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Monday, July 22, 2013 at 6:17 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, July 16, 2013 at 04:18:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 440.04 meters/second, 1584.1 kilometres/hour, 984.3 miles/hour or 855.4 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 29.7"||16.40 mi||West||0° 00' 09.7"||0.19 mi||South||16.41 mi|
|1 hour||14° 29' 41.0"||984.14 mi||West||0° 09' 44.4"||11.16 mi||South||983.93 mi|
|24 hours||12° 29' 34.1"||848.24 mi||East||3° 38' 08.4"||249.92 mi||South||878.71 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Vaitape (Bora Bora)||Mon 6:18 PM||816 km||507 miles||440 nm||SE|
|Papeete||Mon 6:18 PM||1062 km||660 miles||573 nm||SE|
|Rarotonga||Mon 6:18 PM||1174 km||729 miles||634 nm||SSW|
|Kiritimati||Tue 6:18 PM||1427 km||886 miles||770 nm||N|
|Fakaofo||Tue 5:18 PM||1589 km||987 miles||858 nm||W|
|Apia||Tue 5:18 PM||1657 km||1030 miles||895 nm||WSW|
|Alofi||Mon 5:18 PM||1666 km||1035 miles||900 nm||SW|
|Nukualofa||Tue 5:18 PM||2262 km||1405 miles||1221 nm||WSW|
|Baker Island||Mon 4:18 PM||2506 km||1557 miles||1353 nm||WNW|
|Funafuti||Tue 4:18 PM||2648 km||1645 miles||1430 nm||W|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.