Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Tuesday, July 16, 2013 at 09:18:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 53%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, July 16, 2013 at 3:20 AM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Monday, July 22, 2013 at 6:17 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, July 16, 2013 at 09:18:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 438.61 meters/second, 1579.0 km/hour, 981.1 miles/hour or 852.6 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 29.3"||16.35 mi||west||0° 00' 09.5"||0.18 mi||south||16.35 mi|
|1 hour||14° 29' 17.9"||980.93 mi||west||0° 09' 29.3"||10.87 mi||south||980.70 mi|
|24 hours||12° 39' 28.6"||857.02 mi||east||3° 30' 28.1"||241.15 mi||south||884.50 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Darwin||Tue 6:48 PM||71 km||44 miles||39 nm||S|
|Baucau||Tue 6:18 PM||600 km||373 miles||324 nm||NW|
|Same||Tue 6:18 PM||639 km||397 miles||345 nm||WNW|
|Suai||Tue 6:18 PM||662 km||411 miles||357 nm||WNW|
|Dili||Tue 6:18 PM||672 km||417 miles||363 nm||WNW|
|Kupang||Tue 5:18 PM||804 km||500 miles||434 nm||WNW|
|Tennant Creek||Tue 6:48 PM||941 km||585 miles||508 nm||SSE|
|Ambon||Tue 6:18 PM||943 km||586 miles||509 nm||NNW|
|Kendari||Tue 5:18 PM||1255 km||780 miles||677 nm||NW|
|Manokwari||Tue 6:18 PM||1266 km||787 miles||684 nm||NNE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.