Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Tuesday, July 16, 2013 at 9:18:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 53%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, July 16, 2013 at 3:20 AM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Monday, July 22, 2013 at 6:17 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, July 16, 2013 at 09:18:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 438.61 meters/second, 1579.0 kilometres/hour, 981.1 miles/hour or 852.6 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 29.3"||16.35 mi||West||0° 00' 09.5"||0.18 mi||South||16.35 mi|
|1 hour||14° 29' 17.9"||980.93 mi||West||0° 09' 29.3"||10.87 mi||South||980.70 mi|
|24 hours||12° 39' 28.6"||857.02 mi||East||3° 30' 28.1"||241.15 mi||South||884.50 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Darwin||Tue 6:48 PM||71 km||44 miles||39 nm||S|
|Baucau||Tue 6:18 PM||600 km||373 miles||324 nm||NW|
|Same||Tue 6:18 PM||639 km||397 miles||345 nm||WNW|
|Suai||Tue 6:18 PM||662 km||411 miles||357 nm||WNW|
|Dili||Tue 6:18 PM||672 km||417 miles||363 nm||WNW|
|Kupang||Tue 5:18 PM||804 km||500 miles||434 nm||WNW|
|Tennant Creek||Tue 6:48 PM||941 km||585 miles||508 nm||SSE|
|Ambon||Tue 6:18 PM||943 km||586 miles||509 nm||NNW|
|Kendari||Tue 5:18 PM||1255 km||780 miles||677 nm||NW|
|Manokwari||Tue 6:18 PM||1266 km||787 miles||684 nm||NNE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.