Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Wednesday, July 17, 2013 at 03:18:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 61%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, July 16, 2013 at 3:19 AM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Monday, July 22, 2013 at 6:16 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Wednesday, July 17, 2013 at 03:18:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 433.09 meters/second, 1559.1 km/hour, 968.8 miles/hour or 841.9 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 27.9"||16.15 mi||west||0° 00' 08.4"||0.16 mi||south||16.15 mi|
|1 hour||14° 27' 48.5"||968.60 mi||west||0° 08' 20.2"||9.55 mi||south||968.34 mi|
|24 hours||13° 16' 39.1"||889.20 mi||east||2° 56' 41.7"||202.51 mi||south||905.81 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Adamstown||Tue 7:18 PM||1167 km||725 miles||630 nm||S|
|Papeete||Tue 5:18 PM||2108 km||1310 miles||1138 nm||WSW|
|Easter Island||Tue 9:18 PM||2565 km||1594 miles||1385 nm||SE|
|Rarotonga||Tue 5:18 PM||3225 km||2004 miles||1741 nm||WSW|
|Kiritimati||Wed 5:18 PM||3506 km||2179 miles||1893 nm||WNW|
|Alofi||Tue 4:18 PM||4265 km||2650 miles||2303 nm||WSW|
|Apia||Wed 4:18 PM||4492 km||2791 miles||2425 nm||W|
|Nukualofa||Wed 4:18 PM||4820 km||2995 miles||2603 nm||WSW|
|Honolulu||Tue 5:18 PM||4990 km||3101 miles||2695 nm||NW|
|Mexico City *||Tue 10:18 PM||5061 km||3145 miles||2733 nm||NE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.