Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Wednesday, July 17, 2013 at 04:56:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 62%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, July 16, 2013 at 3:19 AM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Monday, July 22, 2013 at 6:16 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Wednesday, July 17, 2013 at 04:56:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 432.57 meters/second, 1557.3 km/hour, 967.6 miles/hour or 840.9 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 27.7"||16.13 mi||west||0° 00' 08.2"||0.16 mi||south||16.13 mi|
|1 hour||14° 27' 40.1"||967.44 mi||west||0° 08' 12.8"||9.41 mi||south||967.18 mi|
|24 hours||13° 20' 03.6"||892.09 mi||east||2° 53' 08.9"||198.45 mi||south||907.74 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Papeete||Tue 6:56 PM||542 km||337 miles||292 nm||SE|
|Rarotonga||Tue 6:56 PM||962 km||597 miles||519 nm||SW|
|Alofi||Tue 5:56 PM||1788 km||1111 miles||965 nm||WSW|
|Kiritimati||Wed 6:56 PM||1880 km||1168 miles||1015 nm||NNW|
|Apia||Wed 5:56 PM||1949 km||1211 miles||1052 nm||W|
|Fakaofo||Wed 5:56 PM||1995 km||1240 miles||1077 nm||WNW|
|Nukualofa||Wed 5:56 PM||2379 km||1478 miles||1285 nm||WSW|
|Adamstown||Tue 8:56 PM||2719 km||1689 miles||1468 nm||ESE|
|Suva||Wed 4:56 PM||2994 km||1861 miles||1617 nm||W|
|Baker Island||Tue 4:56 PM||3000 km||1864 miles||1620 nm||WNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.