Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Wednesday, July 17, 2013 at 4:56:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 62%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, July 16, 2013 at 3:20 AM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Monday, July 22, 2013 at 6:17 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Wednesday, July 17, 2013 at 04:56:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 432.58 meters/second, 1557.3 km/hour, 967.6 miles/hour or 840.9 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 27.7"||16.13 mi||West||0° 00' 08.2"||0.16 mi||South||16.13 mi|
|1 hour||14° 27' 40.2"||967.39 mi||West||0° 08' 12.8"||9.41 mi||South||967.13 mi|
|24 hours||13° 20' 01.4"||891.99 mi||East||2° 53' 11.5"||198.48 mi||South||907.66 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Papeete||Tue 6:56 PM||519 km||322 miles||280 nm||SE|
|Rarotonga||Tue 6:56 PM||981 km||610 miles||530 nm||SW|
|Alofi||Tue 5:56 PM||1816 km||1128 miles||981 nm||WSW|
|Kiritimati||Wed 6:56 PM||1886 km||1172 miles||1018 nm||NNW|
|Apia||Wed 5:56 PM||1978 km||1229 miles||1068 nm||W|
|Fakaofo||Wed 5:56 PM||2020 km||1255 miles||1091 nm||WNW|
|Nukualofa||Wed 5:56 PM||2406 km||1495 miles||1299 nm||WSW|
|Adamstown||Tue 8:56 PM||2694 km||1674 miles||1454 nm||ESE|
|Suva||Wed 4:56 PM||3023 km||1878 miles||1632 nm||W|
|Baker Island||Tue 4:56 PM||3025 km||1880 miles||1633 nm||WNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.