Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Wednesday, July 17, 2013 at 9:56:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 64%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, July 16, 2013 at 3:20 AM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Monday, July 22, 2013 at 6:17 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Wednesday, July 17, 2013 at 09:56:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 431.00 meters/second, 1551.6 km/hour, 964.1 miles/hour or 837.8 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 27.2"||16.07 mi||West||0° 00' 07.9"||0.15 mi||South||16.07 mi|
|1 hour||14° 27' 13.9"||963.86 mi||West||0° 07' 48.9"||8.96 mi||South||963.60 mi|
|24 hours||13° 30' 24.8"||900.73 mi||East||2° 41' 50.0"||185.48 mi||South||913.57 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Katherine||Wed 7:26 PM||238 km||148 miles||129 nm||WNW|
|Tennant Creek||Wed 7:26 PM||468 km||291 miles||253 nm||S|
|Darwin||Wed 7:26 PM||492 km||306 miles||266 nm||NW|
|Alice Springs||Wed 7:26 PM||918 km||570 miles||495 nm||S|
|Dili||Wed 6:56 PM||1211 km||752 miles||654 nm||NW|
|Cairns||Wed 7:56 PM||1244 km||773 miles||672 nm||E|
|Port Moresby||Wed 7:56 PM||1553 km||965 miles||839 nm||ENE|
|Jayapura||Wed 6:56 PM||1591 km||989 miles||859 nm||NNE|
|Manokwari||Wed 6:56 PM||1609 km||1000 miles||869 nm||N|
|Eucla||Wed 6:41 PM||1881 km||1169 miles||1016 nm||SSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.