Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Wednesday, July 17, 2013 at 10:56:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 70%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, July 16, 2013 at 3:20 AM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Monday, July 22, 2013 at 6:17 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Wednesday, July 17, 2013 at 22:56:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 427.02 meters/second, 1537.3 km/hour, 955.2 miles/hour or 830.1 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 26.1"||15.92 mi||West||0° 00' 06.6"||0.13 mi||South||15.92 mi|
|1 hour||14° 26' 05.7"||954.93 mi||West||0° 06' 37.4"||7.59 mi||South||954.68 mi|
|24 hours||13° 56' 32.4"||922.36 mi||East||2° 08' 48.7"||147.65 mi||South||928.66 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Barra do Garças||Wed 7:56 PM||183 km||114 miles||99 nm||NE|
|Goiânia||Wed 7:56 PM||458 km||285 miles||247 nm||E|
|Brasilia||Wed 7:56 PM||619 km||384 miles||334 nm||ENE|
|San Ignacio de Velasco||Wed 6:56 PM||795 km||494 miles||429 nm||W|
|Asuncion||Wed 6:56 PM||1011 km||628 miles||546 nm||SSW|
|São Paulo||Wed 7:56 PM||1023 km||636 miles||552 nm||SE|
|Sucre||Wed 6:56 PM||1262 km||784 miles||681 nm||WSW|
|Rio de Janeiro||Wed 7:56 PM||1269 km||788 miles||685 nm||ESE|
|La Paz||Wed 6:56 PM||1557 km||967 miles||840 nm||W|
|Salvador||Wed 7:56 PM||1679 km||1043 miles||906 nm||ENE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.