Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Thursday, July 18, 2013 at 10:56:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 75%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, July 16, 2013 at 3:19 AM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Monday, July 22, 2013 at 6:16 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, July 18, 2013 at 10:56:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 423.68 meters/second, 1525.3 km/hour, 947.8 miles/hour or 823.6 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 25.0"||15.80 mi||west||0° 00' 05.3"||0.10 mi||south||15.80 mi|
|1 hour||14° 25' 05.1"||947.51 mi||west||0° 05' 20.2"||6.12 mi||south||947.29 mi|
|24 hours||14° 18' 22.3"||940.16 mi||east||1° 34' 02.7"||107.82 mi||south||942.00 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Tennant Creek||Thu 8:26 PM||199 km||123 miles||107 nm||SE|
|Alice Springs||Thu 8:26 PM||614 km||381 miles||331 nm||S|
|Darwin||Thu 8:26 PM||679 km||422 miles||367 nm||NNW|
|Dili||Thu 7:56 PM||1340 km||833 miles||724 nm||NW|
|Cairns||Thu 8:56 PM||1356 km||843 miles||732 nm||E|
|Eucla||Thu 7:41 PM||1550 km||963 miles||837 nm||SSW|
|Port Moresby||Thu 8:56 PM||1806 km||1122 miles||975 nm||ENE|
|Manokwari||Thu 7:56 PM||1921 km||1194 miles||1037 nm||N|
|Jayapura||Thu 7:56 PM||1923 km||1195 miles||1038 nm||NNE|
|Adelaide||Thu 8:26 PM||1933 km||1201 miles||1044 nm||SSE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.