Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, July 18, 2013 at 10:56:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 75%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, July 16, 2013 at 3:20 AM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Monday, July 22, 2013 at 6:17 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, July 18, 2013 at 10:56:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 423.69 meters/second, 1525.3 km/hour, 947.8 miles/hour or 823.6 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 25.0"||15.80 mi||West||0° 00' 05.3"||0.10 mi||South||15.80 mi|
|1 hour||14° 25' 05.2"||947.46 mi||West||0° 05' 20.2"||6.12 mi||South||947.23 mi|
|24 hours||14° 18' 20.5"||940.07 mi||East||1° 34' 06.0"||107.87 mi||South||941.92 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Tennant Creek||Thu 8:26 PM||183 km||114 miles||99 nm||SSE|
|Alice Springs||Thu 8:26 PM||611 km||380 miles||330 nm||S|
|Darwin||Thu 8:26 PM||689 km||428 miles||372 nm||NNW|
|Cairns||Thu 8:56 PM||1328 km||825 miles||717 nm||E|
|Dili||Thu 7:56 PM||1358 km||844 miles||733 nm||NW|
|Eucla||Thu 7:41 PM||1558 km||968 miles||841 nm||SSW|
|Port Moresby||Thu 8:56 PM||1782 km||1107 miles||962 nm||ENE|
|Jayapura||Thu 7:56 PM||1911 km||1187 miles||1032 nm||NNE|
|Manokwari||Thu 7:56 PM||1920 km||1193 miles||1036 nm||N|
|Adelaide||Thu 8:26 PM||1925 km||1196 miles||1039 nm||SSE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.