Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Saturday, July 20, 2013 at 09:10:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 92%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, July 16, 2013 at 3:20 AM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Monday, July 22, 2013 at 6:17 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, July 20, 2013 at 09:10:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 417.77 meters/second, 1504.0 km/hour, 934.5 miles/hour or 812.1 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 22.5"||15.58 mi||west||0° 00' 00.9"||0.02 mi||north||15.58 mi|
|1 hour||14° 22' 35.5"||934.23 mi||west||0° 00' 57.0"||1.09 mi||north||934.28 mi|
|24 hours||14° 58' 31.6"||973.12 mi||east||1° 03' 47.2"||73.13 mi||north||979.08 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Pangai||Sat 10:10 PM||234 km||145 miles||126 nm||W|
|Neiafu||Sat 10:10 PM||249 km||155 miles||134 nm||NW|
|Alofi||Fri 10:10 PM||258 km||160 miles||139 nm||ENE|
|Nukualofa||Sat 10:10 PM||342 km||212 miles||184 nm||WSW|
|Pago Pago||Fri 10:10 PM||658 km||409 miles||355 nm||NNE|
|Apia||Sat 10:10 PM||689 km||428 miles||372 nm||N|
|Salelologa (Savai'i)||Sat 10:10 PM||699 km||434 miles||377 nm||N|
|Suva||Sat 9:10 PM||1016 km||631 miles||549 nm||W|
|Fakaofo||Sat 10:10 PM||1186 km||737 miles||641 nm||N|
|Rarotonga||Fri 11:10 PM||1294 km||804 miles||699 nm||E|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.