Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Saturday, July 20, 2013 at 11:32:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 92%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, July 16, 2013 at 3:19 AM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Monday, July 22, 2013 at 6:16 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, July 20, 2013 at 11:32:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 417.86 meters/second, 1504.3 km/hour, 934.7 miles/hour or 812.3 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 22.5"||15.58 mi||west||0° 00' 01.1"||0.02 mi||north||15.58 mi|
|1 hour||14° 22' 33.3"||934.50 mi||west||0° 01' 18.4"||1.50 mi||north||934.57 mi|
|24 hours||14° 58' 10.3"||973.06 mi||east||1° 12' 12.0"||82.78 mi||north||980.20 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Brisbane||Sat 9:32 PM||828 km||514 miles||447 nm||S|
|Cairns||Sat 9:32 PM||892 km||554 miles||482 nm||WNW|
|Port Moresby||Sat 9:32 PM||1355 km||842 miles||732 nm||NNW|
|Honiara||Sat 10:32 PM||1357 km||843 miles||733 nm||NNE|
|Noumea||Sat 10:32 PM||1360 km||845 miles||734 nm||ESE|
|Sydney||Sat 9:32 PM||1553 km||965 miles||838 nm||S|
|Port Vila||Sat 10:32 PM||1573 km||977 miles||849 nm||E|
|Canberra||Sat 9:32 PM||1748 km||1086 miles||944 nm||SSW|
|Alice Springs||Sat 9:02 PM||2076 km||1290 miles||1121 nm||WSW|
|Melbourne||Sat 9:32 PM||2142 km||1331 miles||1157 nm||SSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.