Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Saturday, July 20, 2013 at 9:50:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 95%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, July 16, 2013 at 3:20 AM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Monday, July 22, 2013 at 6:17 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, July 20, 2013 at 21:50:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 418.74 meters/second, 1507.5 km/hour, 936.7 miles/hour or 814.0 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 22.5"||15.61 mi||West||0° 00' 02.7"||0.05 mi||North||15.61 mi|
|1 hour||14° 22' 31.3"||936.42 mi||West||0° 02' 50.2"||3.25 mi||North||936.56 mi|
|24 hours||14° 53' 52.0"||970.42 mi||East||1° 47' 44.2"||123.50 mi||North||983.47 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Opuwo||Sat 10:50 PM||868 km||539 miles||469 nm||E|
|Swakopmund||Sat 10:50 PM||968 km||601 miles||522 nm||ESE|
|Lubango||Sat 10:50 PM||974 km||605 miles||526 nm||ENE|
|Walvis Bay||Sat 10:50 PM||976 km||606 miles||527 nm||ESE|
|Windhoek||Sat 10:50 PM||1217 km||756 miles||657 nm||ESE|
|Jamestown||Sat 9:50 PM||1287 km||800 miles||695 nm||WNW|
|Luanda||Sat 10:50 PM||1443 km||896 miles||779 nm||NE|
|Kinshasa||Sat 10:50 PM||1988 km||1235 miles||1073 nm||NNE|
|Brazzaville||Sat 10:50 PM||1992 km||1238 miles||1076 nm||NNE|
|Cape Town||Sat 11:50 PM||2015 km||1252 miles||1088 nm||SE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.