Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Sunday, July 21, 2013 at 3:10:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 96%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, July 16, 2013 at 3:20 AM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Monday, July 22, 2013 at 6:17 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, July 21, 2013 at 03:10:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 419.49 meters/second, 1510.2 kilometres/hour, 938.4 miles/hour or 815.4 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 22.5"||15.64 mi||West||0° 00' 03.4"||0.07 mi||North||15.64 mi|
|1 hour||14° 22' 34.9"||938.11 mi||West||0° 03' 37.1"||4.15 mi||North||938.29 mi|
|24 hours||14° 49' 56.7"||967.85 mi||East||2° 05' 31.2"||143.88 mi||North||984.40 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Arica||Sat 11:10 PM||117 km||73 miles||63 nm||NNE|
|Iquique||Sat 11:10 PM||120 km||75 miles||65 nm||SE|
|Arequipa||Sat 10:10 PM||338 km||210 miles||182 nm||NNW|
|La Paz||Sat 11:10 PM||433 km||269 miles||234 nm||NE|
|Antofagasta||Sat 11:10 PM||474 km||295 miles||256 nm||S|
|Cochabamba||Sat 11:10 PM||547 km||340 miles||295 nm||ENE|
|Sucre||Sat 11:10 PM||593 km||369 miles||320 nm||E|
|Machu Picchu Pueblo||Sat 10:10 PM||711 km||442 miles||384 nm||NNW|
|Salta||Sun 12:10 AM||823 km||511 miles||444 nm||SE|
|Santa Cruz||Sat 11:10 PM||833 km||518 miles||450 nm||E|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.