Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Sunday, July 21, 2013 at 08:10:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 97%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, July 16, 2013 at 3:19 AM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Monday, July 22, 2013 at 6:16 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, July 21, 2013 at 08:10:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 420.37 meters/second, 1513.3 km/hour, 940.3 miles/hour or 817.1 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 22.7"||15.67 mi||west||0° 00' 04.2"||0.08 mi||north||15.67 mi|
|1 hour||14° 22' 41.0"||940.15 mi||west||0° 04' 20.6"||4.98 mi||north||940.37 mi|
|24 hours||14° 45' 17.3"||964.77 mi||east||2° 21' 42.7"||162.44 mi||north||984.83 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Papeete||Sat 10:10 PM||710 km||441 miles||383 nm||WNW|
|Gambier Islands||Sat 11:10 PM||954 km||593 miles||515 nm||ESE|
|Adamstown||Sun 12:10 AM||1491 km||927 miles||805 nm||ESE|
|Rarotonga||Sat 10:10 PM||1765 km||1097 miles||953 nm||W|
|Kiritimati||Sun 10:10 PM||2793 km||1736 miles||1508 nm||NW|
|Alofi||Sat 9:10 PM||2826 km||1756 miles||1526 nm||W|
|Apia||Sun 9:10 PM||3118 km||1937 miles||1683 nm||W|
|Fakaofo||Sun 9:10 PM||3220 km||2001 miles||1739 nm||WNW|
|Nukualofa||Sun 9:10 PM||3365 km||2091 miles||1817 nm||W|
|Easter Island||Sun 2:10 AM||3555 km||2209 miles||1920 nm||ESE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.