Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Sunday, July 21, 2013 at 8:10:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 97%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, July 16, 2013 at 3:20 AM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Monday, July 22, 2013 at 6:17 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, July 21, 2013 at 08:10:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 420.37 meters/second, 1513.3 km/hour, 940.3 miles/hour or 817.1 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 22.7"||15.67 mi||West||0° 00' 04.2"||0.08 mi||North||15.67 mi|
|1 hour||14° 22' 41.0"||940.08 mi||West||0° 04' 20.4"||4.98 mi||North||940.29 mi|
|24 hours||14° 45' 18.3"||964.71 mi||East||2° 21' 39.1"||162.36 mi||North||984.76 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Papeete||Sat 10:10 PM||737 km||458 miles||398 nm||WNW|
|Gambier Islands||Sat 11:10 PM||930 km||578 miles||502 nm||ESE|
|Adamstown||Sun 12:10 AM||1466 km||911 miles||792 nm||ESE|
|Rarotonga||Sat 10:10 PM||1792 km||1114 miles||968 nm||W|
|Kiritimati||Sun 10:10 PM||2810 km||1746 miles||1517 nm||NW|
|Alofi||Sat 9:10 PM||2854 km||1773 miles||1541 nm||W|
|Apia||Sun 9:10 PM||3146 km||1955 miles||1699 nm||W|
|Fakaofo||Sun 9:10 PM||3244 km||2016 miles||1752 nm||WNW|
|Nukualofa||Sun 9:10 PM||3393 km||2108 miles||1832 nm||W|
|Easter Island||Sun 2:10 AM||3529 km||2193 miles||1905 nm||ESE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.