Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Sunday, July 21, 2013 at 09:00:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 97%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, July 16, 2013 at 3:19 AM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Monday, July 22, 2013 at 6:16 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, July 21, 2013 at 09:00:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 420.54 meters/second, 1513.9 km/hour, 940.7 miles/hour or 817.5 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 22.7"||15.68 mi||west||0° 00' 04.3"||0.08 mi||north||15.68 mi|
|1 hour||14° 22' 42.3"||940.45 mi||west||0° 04' 27.7"||5.11 mi||north||940.67 mi|
|24 hours||14° 44' 25.8"||964.12 mi||east||2° 24' 20.6"||165.45 mi||north||984.77 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Rarotonga||Sat 11:00 PM||555 km||345 miles||299 nm||WSW|
|Papeete||Sat 11:00 PM||600 km||373 miles||324 nm||ENE|
|Alofi||Sat 10:00 PM||1567 km||974 miles||846 nm||W|
|Apia||Sun 10:00 PM||1876 km||1166 miles||1013 nm||WNW|
|Fakaofo||Sun 10:00 PM||2046 km||1271 miles||1105 nm||WNW|
|Nukualofa||Sun 10:00 PM||2122 km||1318 miles||1146 nm||W|
|Kiritimati||Sun 11:00 PM||2322 km||1443 miles||1254 nm||N|
|Adamstown||Sun 1:00 AM||2655 km||1650 miles||1434 nm||ESE|
|Suva||Sun 9:00 PM||2801 km||1741 miles||1513 nm||W|
|Funafuti||Sun 9:00 PM||3012 km||1871 miles||1626 nm||WNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.