Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Sunday, July 21, 2013 at 9:00:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 97%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, July 16, 2013 at 3:20 AM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Monday, July 22, 2013 at 6:17 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, July 21, 2013 at 09:00:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 420.53 meters/second, 1513.9 kilometres/hour, 940.7 miles/hour or 817.4 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 22.7"||15.68 mi||West||0° 00' 04.3"||0.08 mi||North||15.68 mi|
|1 hour||14° 22' 42.3"||940.44 mi||West||0° 04' 27.5"||5.11 mi||North||940.66 mi|
|24 hours||14° 44' 26.9"||964.13 mi||East||2° 24' 17.0"||165.38 mi||North||984.77 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Vaitape (Bora Bora)||Sat 11:00 PM||422 km||262 miles||228 nm||NE|
|Papeete||Sat 11:00 PM||573 km||356 miles||309 nm||ENE|
|Rarotonga||Sat 11:00 PM||580 km||360 miles||313 nm||WSW|
|Alofi||Sat 10:00 PM||1595 km||991 miles||861 nm||W|
|Apia||Sun 10:00 PM||1904 km||1183 miles||1028 nm||WNW|
|Fakaofo||Sun 10:00 PM||2068 km||1285 miles||1117 nm||WNW|
|Nukualofa||Sun 10:00 PM||2150 km||1336 miles||1161 nm||W|
|Kiritimati||Sun 11:00 PM||2325 km||1445 miles||1256 nm||N|
|Adamstown||Sun 1:00 AM||2628 km||1633 miles||1419 nm||ESE|
|Suva||Sun 9:00 PM||2829 km||1758 miles||1528 nm||W|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.