Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Sunday, July 21, 2013 at 9:10:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 97%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, July 16, 2013 at 3:20 AM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Monday, July 22, 2013 at 6:17 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, July 21, 2013 at 09:10:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 420.56 meters/second, 1514.0 kilometres/hour, 940.8 miles/hour or 817.5 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 22.7"||15.68 mi||West||0° 00' 04.3"||0.08 mi||North||15.68 mi|
|1 hour||14° 22' 42.7"||940.51 mi||West||0° 04' 28.9"||5.14 mi||North||940.74 mi|
|24 hours||14° 44' 16.5"||964.01 mi||East||2° 24' 48.4"||165.98 mi||North||984.77 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Rarotonga||Sat 11:10 PM||370 km||230 miles||200 nm||SW|
|Vaitape (Bora Bora)||Sat 11:10 PM||636 km||395 miles||343 nm||ENE|
|Papeete||Sat 11:10 PM||819 km||509 miles||442 nm||E|
|Alofi||Sat 10:10 PM||1343 km||835 miles||725 nm||W|
|Apia||Sun 10:10 PM||1661 km||1032 miles||897 nm||WNW|
|Fakaofo||Sun 10:10 PM||1851 km||1150 miles||1000 nm||WNW|
|Nukualofa||Sun 10:10 PM||1901 km||1181 miles||1027 nm||W|
|Kiritimati||Sun 11:10 PM||2307 km||1434 miles||1246 nm||N|
|Suva||Sun 9:10 PM||2577 km||1602 miles||1392 nm||W|
|Funafuti||Sun 9:10 PM||2803 km||1742 miles||1513 nm||WNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.