Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Sunday, July 21, 2013 at 9:20:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 97%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, July 16, 2013 at 3:20 AM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Monday, July 22, 2013 at 6:17 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, July 21, 2013 at 09:20:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 420.60 meters/second, 1514.2 km/hour, 940.8 miles/hour or 817.6 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 22.7"||15.68 mi||West||0° 00' 04.3"||0.08 mi||North||15.68 mi|
|1 hour||14° 22' 42.8"||940.59 mi||West||0° 04' 30.4"||5.17 mi||North||940.81 mi|
|24 hours||14° 44' 05.9"||963.89 mi||East||2° 25' 19.9"||166.58 mi||North||984.77 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Rarotonga||Sat 11:20 PM||251 km||156 miles||135 nm||S|
|Vaitape (Bora Bora)||Sat 11:20 PM||871 km||541 miles||470 nm||ENE|
|Papeete||Sat 11:20 PM||1068 km||664 miles||577 nm||E|
|Alofi||Sat 10:20 PM||1091 km||678 miles||589 nm||W|
|Apia||Sun 10:20 PM||1423 km||884 miles||768 nm||WNW|
|Fakaofo||Sun 10:20 PM||1646 km||1023 miles||889 nm||NW|
|Nukualofa||Sun 10:20 PM||1653 km||1027 miles||893 nm||W|
|Kiritimati||Sun 11:20 PM||2318 km||1441 miles||1252 nm||N|
|Suva||Sun 9:20 PM||2325 km||1445 miles||1255 nm||W|
|Funafuti||Sun 9:20 PM||2569 km||1596 miles||1387 nm||WNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.