Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Sunday, July 21, 2013 at 09:20:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 97%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, July 16, 2013 at 3:19 AM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Monday, July 22, 2013 at 6:16 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, July 21, 2013 at 09:20:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 420.60 meters/second, 1514.2 km/hour, 940.9 miles/hour or 817.6 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 22.7"||15.68 mi||west||0° 00' 04.3"||0.08 mi||north||15.68 mi|
|1 hour||14° 22' 42.8"||940.60 mi||west||0° 04' 30.5"||5.17 mi||north||940.82 mi|
|24 hours||14° 44' 04.8"||963.88 mi||east||2° 25' 23.3"||166.65 mi||north||984.77 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Rarotonga||Sat 11:20 PM||250 km||155 miles||135 nm||S|
|Alofi||Sat 10:20 PM||1063 km||660 miles||574 nm||W|
|Papeete||Sat 11:20 PM||1096 km||681 miles||592 nm||E|
|Apia||Sun 10:20 PM||1397 km||868 miles||754 nm||WNW|
|Nukualofa||Sun 10:20 PM||1626 km||1010 miles||878 nm||W|
|Fakaofo||Sun 10:20 PM||1626 km||1010 miles||878 nm||NW|
|Suva||Sun 9:20 PM||2297 km||1427 miles||1240 nm||W|
|Kiritimati||Sun 11:20 PM||2321 km||1442 miles||1253 nm||N|
|Funafuti||Sun 9:20 PM||2542 km||1579 miles||1372 nm||WNW|
|Baker Island||Sat 9:20 PM||2795 km||1737 miles||1509 nm||NW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.