Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Monday, July 22, 2013 at 6:16:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 100%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, July 16, 2013 at 3:20 AM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Monday, July 22, 2013 at 6:17 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, July 22, 2013 at 06:16:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 425.90 meters/second, 1533.2 km/hour, 952.7 miles/hour or 827.9 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 23.6"||15.88 mi||West||0° 00' 07.2"||0.14 mi||North||15.88 mi|
|1 hour||14° 23' 36.4"||952.50 mi||West||0° 07' 16.2"||8.33 mi||North||952.84 mi|
|24 hours||14° 15' 50.8"||943.94 mi||East||3° 24' 41.1"||234.55 mi||North||980.37 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Easter Island||Mon 12:16 AM||1435 km||892 miles||775 nm||SW|
|Galapagos Islands||Mon 12:16 AM||2149 km||1335 miles||1160 nm||NE|
|Lima||Mon 1:16 AM||2603 km||1617 miles||1405 nm||E|
|Quito||Mon 1:16 AM||3053 km||1897 miles||1649 nm||NE|
|Adamstown||Sun 10:16 PM||3182 km||1977 miles||1718 nm||WSW|
|La Paz||Mon 2:16 AM||3467 km||2154 miles||1872 nm||E|
|San Jose||Mon 12:16 AM||3488 km||2167 miles||1883 nm||NNE|
|Santiago||Mon 2:16 AM||3515 km||2184 miles||1898 nm||SE|
|Managua||Mon 12:16 AM||3586 km||2228 miles||1936 nm||NNE|
|San Salvador||Mon 12:16 AM||3615 km||2246 miles||1952 nm||NNE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.