Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Monday, July 22, 2013 at 7:10:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 100%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, July 16, 2013 at 3:20 AM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Monday, July 22, 2013 at 6:17 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, July 22, 2013 at 07:10:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 426.17 meters/second, 1534.2 km/hour, 953.3 miles/hour or 828.4 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 23.6"||15.89 mi||West||0° 00' 07.2"||0.14 mi||North||15.89 mi|
|1 hour||14° 23' 39.6"||953.10 mi||West||0° 07' 22.6"||8.46 mi||North||953.45 mi|
|24 hours||14° 14' 24.6"||942.90 mi||East||3° 26' 55.1"||237.11 mi||North||979.99 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Easter Island||Mon 1:10 AM||1219 km||758 miles||658 nm||SSE|
|Adamstown||Sun 11:10 PM||1939 km||1205 miles||1047 nm||WSW|
|Galapagos Islands||Mon 1:10 AM||3168 km||1969 miles||1711 nm||ENE|
|Papeete||Sun 9:10 PM||3818 km||2372 miles||2062 nm||W|
|Lima||Mon 2:10 AM||3975 km||2470 miles||2146 nm||E|
|Quito||Mon 2:10 AM||4266 km||2651 miles||2303 nm||ENE|
|Guatemala||Mon 1:10 AM||4305 km||2675 miles||2324 nm||NE|
|Mexico City *||Mon 2:10 AM||4312 km||2679 miles||2328 nm||NNE|
|San Salvador||Mon 1:10 AM||4314 km||2681 miles||2330 nm||NE|
|Managua||Mon 1:10 AM||4397 km||2732 miles||2374 nm||NE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.