Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Monday, July 22, 2013 at 8:00:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 100%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, July 16, 2013 at 3:20 AM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Monday, July 22, 2013 at 6:17 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, July 22, 2013 at 08:00:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 426.42 meters/second, 1535.1 km/hour, 953.9 miles/hour or 828.9 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 23.6"||15.90 mi||West||0° 00' 07.4"||0.14 mi||North||15.90 mi|
|1 hour||14° 23' 42.5"||953.67 mi||West||0° 07' 28.6"||8.57 mi||North||954.02 mi|
|24 hours||14° 13' 04.1"||941.93 mi||East||3° 28' 57.4"||239.45 mi||North||979.62 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Adamstown||Midnight Sun-Mon||1034 km||643 miles||559 nm||SSW|
|Easter Island||Mon 2:00 AM||2034 km||1264 miles||1098 nm||SE|
|Papeete||Sun 10:00 PM||2548 km||1583 miles||1376 nm||W|
|Rarotonga||Sun 10:00 PM||3624 km||2252 miles||1957 nm||WSW|
|Kiritimati||Mon 10:00 PM||4045 km||2513 miles||2184 nm||WNW|
|Galapagos Islands||Mon 2:00 AM||4318 km||2683 miles||2332 nm||ENE|
|Alofi||Sun 9:00 PM||4689 km||2914 miles||2532 nm||W|
|Mexico City *||Mon 3:00 AM||4938 km||3068 miles||2666 nm||NE|
|Apia||Mon 9:00 PM||4956 km||3080 miles||2676 nm||W|
|Guatemala||Mon 2:00 AM||5185 km||3222 miles||2799 nm||NE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.