Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Monday, July 22, 2013 at 8:20:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 100%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, July 16, 2013 at 3:20 AM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Monday, July 22, 2013 at 6:17 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, July 22, 2013 at 08:20:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 426.53 meters/second, 1535.5 km/hour, 954.1 miles/hour or 829.1 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 23.6"||15.90 mi||West||0° 00' 07.5"||0.14 mi||North||15.90 mi|
|1 hour||14° 23' 43.6"||953.90 mi||West||0° 07' 30.9"||8.61 mi||North||954.25 mi|
|24 hours||14° 12' 31.6"||941.53 mi||East||3° 29' 46.1"||240.37 mi||North||979.47 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Gambier Islands||Sun 11:20 PM||857 km||533 miles||463 nm||SSW|
|Adamstown||Mon 12:20 AM||929 km||577 miles||502 nm||S|
|Papeete||Sun 10:20 PM||2038 km||1267 miles||1101 nm||W|
|Easter Island||Mon 2:20 AM||2460 km||1528 miles||1328 nm||ESE|
|Rarotonga||Sun 10:20 PM||3128 km||1943 miles||1689 nm||WSW|
|Kiritimati||Mon 10:20 PM||3599 km||2236 miles||1943 nm||WNW|
|Alofi||Sun 9:20 PM||4186 km||2601 miles||2260 nm||W|
|Apia||Mon 9:20 PM||4445 km||2762 miles||2400 nm||W|
|Nukualofa||Mon 9:20 PM||4728 km||2938 miles||2553 nm||WSW|
|Honolulu||Sun 10:20 PM||5160 km||3206 miles||2786 nm||NW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.