Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Monday, July 22, 2013 at 08:50:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 100%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, July 16, 2013 at 3:19 AM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Monday, July 22, 2013 at 6:16 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, July 22, 2013 at 08:50:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 426.68 meters/second, 1536.1 km/hour, 954.5 miles/hour or 829.4 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 23.6"||15.91 mi||west||0° 00' 07.5"||0.14 mi||north||15.91 mi|
|1 hour||14° 23' 45.4"||954.25 mi||west||0° 07' 34.5"||8.68 mi||north||954.60 mi|
|24 hours||14° 11' 40.9"||940.92 mi||east||3° 31' 01.1"||241.80 mi||north||979.23 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Gambier Islands||Sun 11:50 PM||784 km||487 miles||423 nm||SSE|
|Taiohae||Sun 11:20 PM||861 km||535 miles||465 nm||NNW|
|Adamstown||Mon 12:50 AM||1237 km||769 miles||668 nm||SE|
|Papeete||Sun 10:50 PM||1247 km||775 miles||673 nm||W|
|Rarotonga||Sun 10:50 PM||2359 km||1466 miles||1274 nm||WSW|
|Kiritimati||Mon 10:50 PM||2957 km||1838 miles||1597 nm||NW|
|Easter Island||Mon 2:50 AM||3161 km||1964 miles||1707 nm||ESE|
|Alofi||Sun 9:50 PM||3401 km||2113 miles||1837 nm||W|
|Apia||Mon 9:50 PM||3649 km||2267 miles||1970 nm||W|
|Fakaofo||Mon 9:50 PM||3700 km||2299 miles||1998 nm||W|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.