Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Monday, July 22, 2013 at 8:50:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 100%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, July 16, 2013 at 3:20 AM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Monday, July 22, 2013 at 6:17 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, July 22, 2013 at 08:50:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 426.68 meters/second, 1536.0 kilometres/hour, 954.5 miles/hour or 829.4 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 23.6"||15.91 mi||West||0° 00' 07.5"||0.14 mi||North||15.91 mi|
|1 hour||14° 23' 45.3"||954.24 mi||West||0° 07' 34.4"||8.68 mi||North||954.59 mi|
|24 hours||14° 11' 42.8"||940.94 mi||East||3° 30' 58.4"||241.75 mi||North||979.23 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Gambier Islands||Sun 11:50 PM||773 km||481 miles||418 nm||SSE|
|Taiohae||Sun 11:20 PM||867 km||539 miles||468 nm||NNW|
|Adamstown||Mon 12:50 AM||1219 km||757 miles||658 nm||SE|
|Papeete||Sun 10:50 PM||1275 km||792 miles||688 nm||W|
|Rarotonga||Sun 10:50 PM||2387 km||1483 miles||1289 nm||WSW|
|Kiritimati||Mon 10:50 PM||2979 km||1851 miles||1608 nm||NW|
|Easter Island||Mon 2:50 AM||3136 km||1948 miles||1693 nm||ESE|
|Alofi||Sun 9:50 PM||3430 km||2131 miles||1852 nm||W|
|Apia||Mon 9:50 PM||3678 km||2285 miles||1986 nm||W|
|Fakaofo||Mon 9:50 PM||3725 km||2315 miles||2011 nm||W|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.