Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Monday, July 22, 2013 at 9:00:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 100%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, July 16, 2013 at 3:20 AM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Monday, July 22, 2013 at 6:17 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, July 22, 2013 at 09:00:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 426.73 meters/second, 1536.2 km/hour, 954.6 miles/hour or 829.5 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 23.6"||15.91 mi||West||0° 00' 07.5"||0.14 mi||North||15.91 mi|
|1 hour||14° 23' 45.9"||954.35 mi||West||0° 07' 35.6"||8.70 mi||North||954.71 mi|
|24 hours||14° 11' 26.5"||940.74 mi||East||3° 31' 22.4"||242.21 mi||North||979.16 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Taiohae||Sun 11:30 PM||842 km||523 miles||455 nm||N|
|Gambier Islands||Midnight Sun-Mon||897 km||557 miles||484 nm||SE|
|Papeete||Sun 11:00 PM||1021 km||634 miles||551 nm||W|
|Adamstown||Mon 1:00 AM||1393 km||866 miles||752 nm||SE|
|Rarotonga||Sun 11:00 PM||2142 km||1331 miles||1157 nm||WSW|
|Kiritimati||Mon 11:00 PM||2791 km||1734 miles||1507 nm||NW|
|Alofi||Sun 10:00 PM||3178 km||1974 miles||1716 nm||W|
|Easter Island||Mon 3:00 AM||3367 km||2092 miles||1818 nm||ESE|
|Apia||Mon 10:00 PM||3422 km||2126 miles||1848 nm||W|
|Fakaofo||Mon 10:00 PM||3472 km||2157 miles||1875 nm||W|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.