Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Monday, July 22, 2013 at 9:30:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 100%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, July 16, 2013 at 3:20 AM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Monday, July 22, 2013 at 6:17 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, July 22, 2013 at 09:30:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 426.88 meters/second, 1536.8 km/hour, 954.9 miles/hour or 829.8 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 23.7"||15.91 mi||West||0° 00' 07.5"||0.15 mi||North||15.92 mi|
|1 hour||14° 23' 47.8"||954.70 mi||West||0° 07' 39.0"||8.77 mi||North||955.05 mi|
|24 hours||14° 10' 37.4"||940.15 mi||East||3° 32' 34.1"||243.58 mi||North||978.92 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Papeete||Sun 11:30 PM||273 km||170 miles||147 nm||WSW|
|Rarotonga||Sun 11:30 PM||1421 km||883 miles||767 nm||WSW|
|Adamstown||Mon 1:30 AM||2014 km||1251 miles||1087 nm||ESE|
|Kiritimati||Mon 11:30 PM||2319 km||1441 miles||1252 nm||NNW|
|Alofi||Sun 10:30 PM||2421 km||1505 miles||1307 nm||W|
|Apia||Mon 10:30 PM||2654 km||1649 miles||1433 nm||W|
|Fakaofo||Mon 10:30 PM||2718 km||1689 miles||1468 nm||WNW|
|Nukualofa||Mon 10:30 PM||2989 km||1857 miles||1614 nm||WSW|
|Suva||Mon 9:30 PM||3651 km||2269 miles||1971 nm||W|
|Baker Island||Sun 9:30 PM||3706 km||2303 miles||2001 nm||WNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.