Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Monday, July 22, 2013 at 10:00:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 100%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, July 16, 2013 at 3:20 AM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Monday, July 22, 2013 at 6:17 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, July 22, 2013 at 10:00:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 427.04 meters/second, 1537.3 km/hour, 955.3 miles/hour or 830.1 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 23.7"||15.92 mi||West||0° 00' 07.7"||0.15 mi||North||15.92 mi|
|1 hour||14° 23' 49.5"||955.05 mi||West||0° 07' 42.6"||8.84 mi||North||955.40 mi|
|24 hours||14° 09' 48.1"||939.55 mi||East||3° 33' 45.3"||244.93 mi||North||978.68 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Papeete||Midnight Sun-Mon||530 km||329 miles||286 nm||ESE|
|Rarotonga||Midnight Sun-Mon||773 km||480 miles||417 nm||SW|
|Alofi||Sun 11:00 PM||1668 km||1037 miles||901 nm||WSW|
|Apia||Mon 11:00 PM||1887 km||1173 miles||1019 nm||W|
|Fakaofo||Mon 11:00 PM||1983 km||1232 miles||1071 nm||WNW|
|Kiritimati||Midnight Mon-Tue||2053 km||1276 miles||1109 nm||N|
|Nukualofa||Mon 11:00 PM||2249 km||1397 miles||1214 nm||WSW|
|Adamstown||Mon 2:00 AM||2699 km||1677 miles||1457 nm||ESE|
|Suva||Mon 10:00 PM||2891 km||1796 miles||1561 nm||W|
|Funafuti||Mon 10:00 PM||2996 km||1862 miles||1618 nm||WNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.