Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Monday, July 22, 2013 at 10:20:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 100%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, July 16, 2013 at 3:20 AM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Monday, July 22, 2013 at 6:17 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, July 22, 2013 at 10:20:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 427.14 meters/second, 1537.7 kilometres/hour, 955.5 miles/hour or 830.3 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 23.7"||15.92 mi||West||0° 00' 07.7"||0.15 mi||North||15.92 mi|
|1 hour||14° 23' 50.7"||955.28 mi||West||0° 07' 44.8"||8.88 mi||North||955.64 mi|
|24 hours||14° 09' 15.0"||939.14 mi||East||3° 34' 32.4"||245.83 mi||North||978.51 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Rarotonga||Mon 12:20 AM||535 km||332 miles||289 nm||S|
|Vaitape (Bora Bora)||Mon 12:20 AM||797 km||495 miles||430 nm||E|
|Papeete||Mon 12:20 AM||1035 km||643 miles||559 nm||E|
|Alofi||Sun 11:20 PM||1172 km||728 miles||633 nm||WSW|
|Apia||Mon 11:20 PM||1380 km||857 miles||745 nm||W|
|Fakaofo||Mon 11:20 PM||1517 km||943 miles||819 nm||WNW|
|Nukualofa||Mon 11:20 PM||1763 km||1095 miles||952 nm||WSW|
|Kiritimati||Tue 12:20 AM||2034 km||1264 miles||1098 nm||N|
|Suva||Mon 10:20 PM||2384 km||1481 miles||1287 nm||W|
|Funafuti||Mon 10:20 PM||2502 km||1555 miles||1351 nm||WNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.