Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Monday, July 22, 2013 at 12:16:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 100%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, July 16, 2013 at 3:20 AM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Monday, July 22, 2013 at 6:17 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, July 22, 2013 at 12:16:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 427.75 meters/second, 1539.9 km/hour, 956.8 miles/hour or 831.5 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 23.8"||15.95 mi||west||0° 00' 07.9"||0.15 mi||north||15.95 mi|
|1 hour||14° 23' 57.9"||956.63 mi||west||0° 07' 58.1"||9.13 mi||north||957.00 mi|
|24 hours||345° 53' 58.1"||936.78 mi||west||3° 39' 00.8"||250.95 mi||north||977.52 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Lautoka||Tue 12:16 AM||505 km||314 miles||273 nm||ESE|
|Nadi||Tue 12:16 AM||508 km||316 miles||275 nm||ESE|
|Port Vila||Mon 11:16 PM||523 km||325 miles||282 nm||WSW|
|Suva||Tue 12:16 AM||622 km||386 miles||336 nm||ESE|
|Luganville||Mon 11:16 PM||623 km||387 miles||336 nm||W|
|Noumea||Mon 11:16 PM||960 km||596 miles||518 nm||SW|
|Funafuti||Tue 12:16 AM||1087 km||676 miles||587 nm||NE|
|Nukualofa||Tue 1:16 AM||1365 km||848 miles||737 nm||ESE|
|Honiara||Mon 11:16 PM||1595 km||991 miles||861 nm||WNW|
|Apia||Tue 1:16 AM||1663 km||1033 miles||898 nm||E|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.