Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Monday, July 22, 2013 at 3:00:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 100%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Tuesday, July 16, 2013 at 3:20 AM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Monday, July 22, 2013 at 6:17 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, July 22, 2013 at 15:00:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 428.61 meters/second, 1543.0 km/hour, 958.8 miles/hour or 833.2 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 24.1"||15.98 mi||West||0° 00' 08.2"||0.16 mi||North||15.98 mi|
|1 hour||14° 24' 08.3"||958.59 mi||West||0° 08' 16.2"||9.48 mi||North||958.96 mi|
|24 hours||14° 01' 23.7"||933.36 mi||East||3° 45' 06.0"||257.92 mi||North||976.00 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Katherine||Tue 12:30 AM||206 km||128 miles||111 nm||NW|
|Tennant Creek||Tue 12:30 AM||430 km||267 miles||232 nm||S|
|Darwin||Tue 12:30 AM||474 km||295 miles||256 nm||NW|
|Alice Springs||Tue 12:30 AM||874 km||543 miles||472 nm||S|
|Dili||Midnight Mon-Tue||1184 km||736 miles||639 nm||NW|
|Cairns||Tue 1:00 AM||1308 km||812 miles||706 nm||E|
|Port Moresby||Tue 1:00 AM||1635 km||1016 miles||883 nm||ENE|
|Manokwari||Midnight Mon-Tue||1654 km||1027 miles||893 nm||N|
|Jayapura||Midnight Mon-Tue||1662 km||1033 miles||898 nm||NNE|
|Eucla||Mon 11:45 PM||1821 km||1132 miles||983 nm||SSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.