Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Tuesday, July 23, 2013 at 9:00:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 99%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Monday, July 22, 2013 at 6:17 PM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Monday, July 29, 2013 at 5:45 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, July 23, 2013 at 09:00:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 434.53 meters/second, 1564.3 km/hour, 972.0 miles/hour or 844.7 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 25.4"||16.20 mi||West||0° 00' 09.8"||0.19 mi||North||16.20 mi|
|1 hour||14° 25' 24.3"||971.85 mi||West||0° 09' 58.3"||11.43 mi||North||972.24 mi|
|24 hours||13° 29' 34.6"||909.17 mi||East||4° 18' 03.9"||295.63 mi||North||962.71 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Adamstown||Tue 1:00 AM||1401 km||871 miles||757 nm||SSW|
|Easter Island||Tue 3:00 AM||2315 km||1438 miles||1250 nm||SE|
|Papeete||Mon 11:00 PM||2595 km||1612 miles||1401 nm||WSW|
|Rarotonga||Mon 11:00 PM||3715 km||2308 miles||2006 nm||WSW|
|Kiritimati||Tue 11:00 PM||3852 km||2394 miles||2080 nm||WNW|
|Galapagos Islands||Tue 3:00 AM||4215 km||2619 miles||2276 nm||ENE|
|Mexico City *||Tue 4:00 AM||4635 km||2880 miles||2503 nm||NE|
|Alofi||Mon 10:00 PM||4752 km||2953 miles||2566 nm||WSW|
|Guatemala||Tue 3:00 AM||4951 km||3076 miles||2673 nm||NE|
|Apia||Tue 10:00 PM||4968 km||3087 miles||2682 nm||W|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.