Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Tuesday, July 23, 2013 at 09:00:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 99%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Monday, July 22, 2013 at 6:17 PM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Monday, July 29, 2013 at 5:45 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, July 23, 2013 at 09:00:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 434.53 meters/second, 1564.3 km/hour, 972.0 miles/hour or 844.7 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 25.4"||16.20 mi||west||0° 00' 09.8"||0.19 mi||north||16.20 mi|
|1 hour||14° 25' 24.3"||971.85 mi||west||0° 09' 58.3"||11.43 mi||north||972.24 mi|
|24 hours||13° 29' 34.6"||909.17 mi||east||4° 18' 03.9"||295.63 mi||north||962.71 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Adamstown||Tue 1:00 AM||1401 km||871 miles||757 nm||SSW|
|Easter Island||Tue 3:00 AM||2315 km||1438 miles||1250 nm||SE|
|Papeete||Mon 11:00 PM||2595 km||1612 miles||1401 nm||WSW|
|Rarotonga||Mon 11:00 PM||3715 km||2308 miles||2006 nm||WSW|
|Kiritimati||Tue 11:00 PM||3852 km||2394 miles||2080 nm||WNW|
|Galapagos Islands||Tue 3:00 AM||4215 km||2619 miles||2276 nm||ENE|
|Mexico City *||Tue 4:00 AM||4635 km||2880 miles||2503 nm||NE|
|Alofi||Mon 10:00 PM||4752 km||2953 miles||2566 nm||WSW|
|Guatemala||Tue 3:00 AM||4951 km||3076 miles||2673 nm||NE|
|Apia||Tue 10:00 PM||4968 km||3087 miles||2682 nm||W|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.