Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Tuesday, July 23, 2013 at 9:10:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 99%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Monday, July 22, 2013 at 6:17 PM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Monday, July 29, 2013 at 5:45 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, July 23, 2013 at 09:10:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 434.58 meters/second, 1564.5 km/hour, 972.1 miles/hour or 844.8 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 25.4"||16.20 mi||West||0° 00' 09.8"||0.19 mi||North||16.20 mi|
|1 hour||14° 25' 25.2"||971.97 mi||West||0° 09' 59.2"||11.44 mi||North||972.37 mi|
|24 hours||13° 29' 16.6"||908.94 mi||East||4° 18' 18.6"||295.91 mi||North||962.57 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Adamstown||Tue 1:10 AM||1345 km||836 miles||726 nm||S|
|Papeete||Mon 11:10 PM||2343 km||1456 miles||1265 nm||WSW|
|Easter Island||Tue 3:10 AM||2508 km||1559 miles||1354 nm||SE|
|Rarotonga||Mon 11:10 PM||3469 km||2156 miles||1873 nm||WSW|
|Kiritimati||Tue 11:10 PM||3613 km||2245 miles||1951 nm||WNW|
|Alofi||Mon 10:10 PM||4500 km||2796 miles||2430 nm||WSW|
|Apia||Tue 10:10 PM||4709 km||2926 miles||2543 nm||W|
|Mexico City *||Tue 4:10 AM||4804 km||2985 miles||2594 nm||NE|
|Honolulu||Mon 11:10 PM||4993 km||3103 miles||2696 nm||NW|
|Nukualofa||Tue 10:10 PM||5060 km||3144 miles||2732 nm||WSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.